Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Trip Disaster Story...

Our daughter's recent trip to visit us for Christmas was derailed when her passport and funds were stolen. It will take weeks of delay and several hundred dollars to replace the stolen documents, and of course her money. In the meantime, our children were without their sister AND their Christmas presents. It was NOT a happy time.

As my wife and I were reviewing the circumstance, I commented "There should be some kind of insurance for this!". My wife asked "You mean like Duaine sells?" Well, duh!

Duaine Owings has handled our personal insurance and investments for years, as well as those of my churches. Of course Duaine told me about the coverages available on this web site. My wife has even helped with the website in the past.

But we never put it together. I guess we never thought that this sort of thing would ever happen to us. But then, isn't that what insurance is for?... to have the kind of peace of mind?

It wouldn't have prevented the sadness of my daughter's trip being canceled, but it would have offset the financial loss and would have eliminated so much of the stress.

When my daughter makes her trip next month, she WILL be covered by this policy!

Please don't be fooled by a false sense of security, as we were.

This theft and tragedy did NOT take place in a foreign country, but in Kansas City, MO. That thief was not someone who spoke a foreign language, but was a worker who was supposed to be a help to travelers.

We won't ever travel again without traveler's insurance... neither should you.

R. Steven Johnson
Missionary to Bolivia

No comments: